Experiments with ruby-processing (processing-2.2.1) and JRubyArt for processing-3.0

Saturday 30 October 2010

Revisiting My Voronoi Application

I had the idea for sometime to optimize this application. As before the application uses Lee Byrons library which in turn depends on John Lloyds QuickHull3D library (both can be accessed at the Lee Byron link). One day I might re-write the application to use a 3D mesh library directly. The major optimization here is to use processings built in pixels array functionality. The app will work best if the aspect ratio of the image is the same as the frame size (1:1 is probably optimal?). I have introduced an auto-scale feature that seems to work...

Use the view raw feature (below) if you want to copy the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2