Experiments with ruby-processing (processing-2.2.1) and JRubyArt for processing-3.0

Thursday 5 November 2009

jEdit as a cross platform GUI?

I have created a commando file 'rp5.xml' that allows me to run the file I am editing in jEdit (runs 'rp5 run buffer.rb'), directly from jEdit. You can download my file from the jEdit community downloads. It is easy to edit the commando file, so you could add watch as alternative to run.
You could also use a bsh macro to launch the command file, this is mine:-

new console.commando.CommandoDialog(view,"commando.rp5");

Here is a screenshot of the jedit buffer window a running ruby-processing applet, and the associated console pane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2