Experiments with ruby-processing (processing-2.2.1) and JRubyArt for processing-3.0

Thursday 21 August 2014

JRuby-9000 returns for testing


Well it seems that jruby-head is ready for testing again!!!
jruby --version
SNAPSHOT (2.1.2) 2014-08-20 8fb3b63 Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM 25.20-b15 on 1.8.0_20-ea-b15 [linux-amd64]

..... after a bit of short lived euphoria, it seems it is still broken after all (I was using jruby-complete-1.7.13) in my initial tests ('cos I'd configured it that way mea culpa) so jruby-head is failing to load jars, I'd seen that reported before, will have to look into it.....
However problem seems to be a failure to load yaml configuration from file, see irb (mri) and jirb (ruby-head) below:-
>> require 'psych'
=> true
>> RP_CONFIG = Psych.load_file("/home/tux/.rp5rc")
=> {"PROCESSING_ROOT"=>"/home/tux/processing-2.2.1", "JRUBY"=>"true"}
>>

tux@monkstone:~/Desktop$ jirb
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.gtk.GTKLookAndFeel
>> require 'psych'
=> true
>> RP_CONFIG = Psych.load_file("/home/tux/.rp5rc")
=> false
>>


Well I created a workaround (load yaml from File, and Psych.load(yaml)) which gets me around that issue. Problem is majority of sketches now crash with an uncaught exception from the processing "Animation" thread (I've filed a bug report, but I am not holding my breath for a response, given my past experience).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have developed JRubyArt and propane new versions of ruby-processing for JRuby-9.1.5.0 and processing-3.2.2